Thursday, May 10, 2012

In a way, it's like coming home

As many of you know, I have only one addiction: TV. In 2007 I tried to ween myself by turning off DirecTV for a month, then limited myself, then I cut it off entirely... But that's when the library DVD collection got large, hulu and other streaming started, government sponsors digital-to-analog converters made my old CRT work again, I accidentally started BitTorrenting things...
Eventually I got back to essentially the same level of consumption as before attempting cessation. (Even caught up on the intervening seasons of LOST.) The only thing that was missing was sports. They are almost entirely on cable and rarely found easily online.

Now, every night I'm not camping there's a playoff basketball game on TNT or a baseball game on ESPN. It's low productivity paradise at the Motel6/Travelodge.

No comments: