So , no I haven't decided if I'm staying yet. It still hasn't rained and I still haven't had a local job interview despite applying to a few dozen relevant online ads and schmoozing about bid-ness on many Meetup hikes, paddles, happy hours and a couple of Yelp events.
Am giving myself two weeks to decide if I'm staying and then will use the balance of the month to action that decision.
Some "local"ness has seeped in:
- While at Last Thursday at Alberta Arts (which is, one night a month, what insular quasi-religious 'real americans' think San Francisco is like 24/7) I randomly ran into someone I know, the guy from whom I'm subletting, and someone else mistook me for someone she knows (who is also named Scott).
- I had brunch. Which is considered a blood sport here but I'm new so I went to a place that takes reservations instead of standing in line at Tasty'n'Sons or Screen Door or Pine State Biscuits
- Went to the public show at the Portland Juggling Festival and recognized a Bay Area juggler.
- Used a "Honey Bucket" (aka port-o-potty) at a Food Cart Pod.
- Made fun of someone from across the river in Washington state.
- Volunteered at the Ocean & Wave Energy Conference and saw the Governor, ex-Governor, and local Congresswoman speak.
Am now open to visition (from those of you that know me)