- I have a west facing high window and can watch the sunset every clear night
- Vegetarianism coexists next to a "Let's eat that entire pig or better yet a goat" culture
- Fred Myers , the local hyper-market that backstops every other shop (if they don't have it at X, I can always get it or something like it at Freddie's)
- They put hazelnuts in everything where it makes sense.
- In addition to the OPEN/SHUT signs that are ubiquitous on business doors, I saw one where the "N" was cut off an extra "OPEN" sign and appended to the front to read "NOPE"
- The cyclists aren't as aggressive as the SF area
- Now that it's Spring I can see that there are a lot of cherry trees.
- Everyone likes that they're here but no one says stuff like "It's the best place on Earth" like I've heard in SF and NYC
- Sophie Soong doing the weather.,and interviewing
- Most street parking is unmetered and that portion that is is only $1.60/hr (takes coins and cards)
- No sales tax. I like this more for not having to do math on a full stomach than for saving the 9.75% to 10.5%
- It's seems equally acceptable to be a hipster, to make fun of hipsters, or to make fun of people making fun of hipsters
- Every place that sells food seems like it will sell it to you on a house made biscuit as well.
- Damian Lillard, gonna be NBA Rook of the year
- There is a place not to far from me with Skee-ball
Friday, March 22, 2013
Things I love about Portland
Striving for %100 positivity here